Thursday 11 August 2011

My first blog

I'm a 32 year old mum to an 18 month old boy. Firstly, let me make it clear that I love him dearly, however, I wouldn't say that the path to motherhood has come naturally to me and at times I feel as if, in that short space of time, I have gone from (to quote Bridget Jones) 'wanton sex goddess', with a career and a carefree attitude to neurotic grumpy frumpy mummy. Usually with some kind of spot. Most days I am harassed but at least I find time to brush my hair and iron my clothes. On the bad days I don't!

I should also mention (rather cautiously) that I am a Police Officer and have been for the past ten (ish) years. I wont labour on my occupation because generally it divides people into marmite groups but I will say that I joined 'the job' with the dream of helping people and that over time I have come to realise that some people don't want help. Having said that I still believe in what I do. It doesn't exactly go hand in hand with motherhood but it does give me a reality check and a sense of belonging and besides, someone has to do it.

Finally, I am a step-mother, not the evil kind I hope, although honestly, I'm not very good at it.
So, that's me!

No comments:

Post a Comment